08 9342 9587 [email protected]

Balga welcomed Swan United to Princess Rd Reserve for the Round 5 clash. Balga were full of confidence after the previous weeks result and were looking to replicate that again. The U18s made a fast start to their game, capitalising on a sluggish start from the away side’s defense with Cier Mayoum burying the ball in the back of the net after a mere 8 minutes. The early goal setting the tone for the half.

After creating a few more chances in the first 10 minutes, Balga’s attack broke through Swan with Osman Mustafa adding another to his tally this season. It wasn’t until the 17th minute that our keeper was called into action with Nattawat Thongngam making light work of the relatively weak attack from Swan.

On 20 minutes Cier Mayoum scored his brace with a clinical finish from inside the 18 yard box. A few chances were left to the imagination in the minutes that followed, the best coming from Jean Paul Terence on 24 minutes, hitting the post after rounding the keeper. Heading into the final 10 minutes, Cier Mayoum scored his 3rd of the day replicating his form from his last appearance against Swan in the U18’s cup, Balga heading into the break with a solid 4-0 lead.

The second half started relatively slow for the boys in Black and Green. The first test on Swan’s net not coming till the 55 minute mark. From the whistle it was obvious that Swan had come out to try to overcome the deficit but Balga’s defence held firm. Fewer chances came for Balga in the second half but in the 70th minute Jean Paul Terence capitalised on a break down the left which left him unmarked at the far post allowing him to get his name on the scoreboard. After that Balga took their foot off the gas, cruising to an easy 5-0 victory to crack into the top 4. Balga next match is away to Wanneroo.

Head Coach Wayne Courtney said “I was pleased with the result which has put us in the top 4″ but he has emphasized that there is still work to be done on the training pitch.
Match report by: Thomas McConnachy